Wednesday, February 07, 2018

New Heroes in town!

Previously I made a post about my updated plans for 2018 on my blog, I introduced you to some new blogs & video ideas and also my new business! Today I wanted to officially give a proper welcome (and explanation) to PROheros [of Kingston] Cosplay Entertainment!

PROheros is a cosplay (costume) entertainment service business. Looking for Black Panther to sing 'happy birthday' to your son? Or Catwoman to take pictures at your high school graduation? PROheros wants to service all kinds of events, such as birthday parties, public festivals and even hospital or private care visits! With every booking partial proceeds will be given to local charity - every time!

"I've called Kingston my home for so many years now that I decided to give back to the community. And ever since I started dressing up for Spirit Halloween and having a party for the children at CHEO (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario) every year I figured "why can't someone start this in Kingston too?" - Jessica Dunning, CEO
I've always been passionate about dramatic arts and her community. It's been my dream to one-day combine both of those passions into not just a job but a life long career that could benefit many! With over 13+ years of Musical Theatre experience and an 8+ month internship at Walt Disney World (working as a Creative Costuming hostess,) I hope to be able to inspire and entertain with the encouragement that anyone can be a hero - no matter how old, young, race or religion! There are various different forms of superheroes in our comic books, manga, anime, video games and storybooks that aren't just the cookie cutter norm.

Every Wednesday PROheros posts a different multicultural superheroine (supporting more female heroes) picked at random! We would love to hear more suggestions for our feature posts! They can be anywhere from comic books, mythology, videogames or more..

It's been a blast inviting the new Kingston Spiderwoman to come to town, she has had a great welcome into the community and has already helped Kingston General Hospital and the Children's Wish Foundation of Canada! I've also heard she may have 2 new friends coming to Kingston, here's a hint.. did you know that Spiderwoman likes "Bats" and "Ants?" As our business continues to grow we can't wait to invite more superheroes to come to Kingston!

You can follow my newest (and biggest) adventures on Facebook @PROherosKingston and also Instagram @proheroskingston to learn about many multicultural superheroes around the world, and my ever growing group of superhero (and cosplay) friends!

I'd like to personally thanks everyone who has already supported and helped my most ambitious business! Do you have a picture with any of our characters? Please tag us and use our hashtags so that we can give you a shoutout & thank you!

*PROheros [of Kingston] does not claim to represent authentic Marvel, DC Comics, or any other fictional character(s).*

No comments:

Post a Comment