Thursday, November 06, 2014

Ending Halloween with a "Twain"..

To celebrate the glorious 2014 Halloween that I hope you all had, I am posting about a recent discovery of my friend and I. Somehow getting to the topic of creepy & weird happenings we found a rather.. different video on Youtube. A clay-animation movie about "The Adventures of Mark Twain" along with the classic characters Tim Sawyer, Huck Finn and Becky Thatcher.

The movie is creepy & controversial to say the least. The concept was inspired by a famous quote by the author: "I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year (1910), and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together.'" Apparently Twain died April 21, 1910, one day after Halley's Comet reached perihelion in 1910.

The movie goes into detail about some of Twain's written work... Twain's version of Adam & Eve, Satan's opinion on the human race & a lesson that you need to find your own Heaven to be happy. I would explain it more but there aren't nearly enough words to describe this movie once you've witnessed it for yourself. I WARN you it is not for the easily creeped out or offended.

Some of you may have actually seen shorter clips of the movie on Youtube... The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Mysterious Stranger, "The Diaries of Adam & Eve (Letters from the Earth)," "Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven," "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" and reference made to his other works, including "The Damned Human Race."

But for your viewing pleasure... here it is.. I warned you.. now bring on November & Christmas!
(It starts at the end for some reason... I don't know why.. Just back it up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment