Friday, November 25, 2011

You're a Good Man [Jessica Ayla]: my introduction to Finding your Brand

“You’re a good man, Charlie Brown. You’re the kind of reminder we need. You have humility, nobility and a sense of honour that is very rare indeed.” Charlie Brown was lucky to have his family and friends to tell him what his “personal brand” was. Even though they arent advertising students and don’t know the terminology.

My advertising class has our professors to help us find our personal brands through blogging, podcasts and our own personal websites. They teach us that we have to really think about who we are, what we stand for, and what we want to prove and portray in life.

Well I guess I will start with who I am. I am Jessica and I have a FATAL allergy to all nuts and nut products. I love anything to do with the dramatic and graphical arts. My favourite animals are cats and bats. Karate is my life; it brings me a stress-reliever and helps me find balance in my hectic life. I love learning and meeting new people – even though the idea of trying to make friends gives me great insecurity. My birth mother came from Grenada and my father from Trinidad & Tobago.

                      

I pride myself in being a good natured person. I am always polite to everyone no matter who it is. My boyfriend says I say “please” and “thank you” more then the average young adult. And I always hold open the door and let others go through first before I do. I even ask my fellow residence-mates if they need help carrying their bags.

I found this video while watching television one day which I think describes my brand of “multicultured equal courtesy” but in a funny way of course.
                                   

I may not fully know what my brand is yet, but I KNOW that I will always have my nut allergy, I will always strive to defend what is right and I will always show kindness to everyone. So even though they are singing about Charlie Brown the meaning is still the same for others and myself as welll…
“With a heart such as your you could open any doors. You could go out and do anything. You could be king Charlie Brown, you could be king.”